IIBM -ISBM –IIBMS- KSBM –ISMS- XAVIER
CASE STUDY ANSWERS AND PROJECT REPORTS
FOR MBA BMS EMBA PGDMA MIB MIS GDM
VISIT OUR WEBSITE: www.casestudies.co.in
ARAVIND BANAKAR - M -09901366442 / 09902787224
Distribution and Logistics Management
1. It deals with the movement of finished goods from the last point of production to the point of
a. Marketing Channel Management
b. Logistics Management
2. Which conflict is one of the major bottleneck in the development & maintenance of partnering
a. Channel conflict
b. Management conflict
c. Logistics conflict
d. Distribution conflict
3. The phase of externally integrated business function era (1990s onwards) is recognized as the era
a. Logistics Management
b. Human Resource Management
c. Financial Management
d. Supply Chain Management
4. ___________ may be conducted from time-to-time or at least once in a year to know about
change in the expectation levels & actual performance.
a. Customer Service Monitoring cell
b. Formal Customer Satisfaction Survey
c. Customer Conference
d. Customer Feedback System
5. The firm’s incomplete or inaccurate knowledge of customer’s service expectations is known as:
a. Market Information Gap
b. Service Standards Gap
c. Service Performance Gap
d. Internal Communication Gap
6. This gap exist between the present level of customer service offered and the corporate vision
about customer service:
a. Gap 1
b. Gap 2
c. Gap 3
d. Gap 4
7. This stock refers to window display of an inventory in order to stimulate demand and act as a
a. Decoupling stock
b. Psychic stock
c. Pipeline stock
d. None of the above
8. This stock is also known as cycle or lot size stock.
a. Working stock
b. Safety stock
c. Anticipation stock
d. None of the above
9. In this system manufacturer is given the responsibility for monitoring & controlling inventory
levels at the retail store level:
a. Quick Response
b. Continuous Replenishment
c. Vendor-managed Inventory
d. Customer Relationship
10. This mode of transport is a very significant one but with a very restricted scope. It is used
primarily for the shipment of liquid & gas:
1. What is Containerization and also mention the main features of Containerization?
2. What is Third Party Logistics?
3. Differentiate between Public & Private Warehouse.
4. What is Logistics Information System?
1. Based on information for the current years, is Kansas City the best location for a warehouse? If
not, what are the coordinates for a better location>? What cost improvement can be expected from the new location?
2. If by year 5 increases are expected of 25 percent in warehouse outbound transport rates and 15
percent in warehouse inbound rates, would your decision change about the warehouse location?
1. How should the chief warehouse manager of PCL approach this problem?
2. Develop a warehousing operational strategy to overcome the problem and fulfill the redefined objectives of the firm.
1. Information technology had the major effects on all areas of business. Explain the effective use of Information Technology in Distribution Management.
2. Explain what Partnering Channel Relationship is and also state the reasons for developing Partnering Channel Relationship.
1. This decision involves mode of selection, shipment size, routing & scheduling:
a. Inventory decision
b. Transport decision
c. Distribution decision
d. Facility location decision
2. This refers to the activities of gathering the information needed about the products & services
desired & formally requesting the products to be purchased:
a. Order preparation
b. Order transmittal
d. Order entry
3. A very valuable function for the TMS is to suggest the patterns for consolidating small shipments
into larger ones.
a. Mode selection
d. Freight Consolidation
4. This refers to transporting truck trailers on railroad flatcars, usually over longer distances than
trucks normally haul
d. Trailers on Flatcars
5. An operating philosophy that is an alternative to the use of inventories for meeting the goal of
having the right goods at the right place at the right time.
c. MRP Mechanies
d. None of the above
6. A buyer may wish to negotiate the best possible price but not take delivery of the full purchase
amount at one time.
a. Fixed sourcing
b. Contract buying
c. Flexible sourcing
d. Deal buying
7. Transportation rate structure, especially rate breaks, influence the use of storage facilities is
a. Storage function
8. These warehouses are the most common type which handle a broad range of merchandise.
a. Household warehouses
b. Mini warehouses
c. Bulk storage warehouses
d. General merchandise warehouses
9. ___________ refers to the time that goods remain in the transportation equipment during
a. Leased space
b. Storage in transit
c. Load unitization
d. Space layout
10. It refers to the selection of more than one order on a single pass through the stock.
d. Modified area system
1. What is Bid-Rent Curves?
2. What is Mixed Integer linear Programming?
3. Differentiate between Lumpy and Regular Demand.
4. Write a short note on ‘Order Transmittal’.
1. Develop a forecasting procedure for this service station. Why did you select this method?
2. How should promotions, holidays, or other such periods where fuel usage rates deviate from normal patterns be handled in the forecast?
1. What replenishment order size, to the nearest 50 units, should Walter place, given the manufacturer’s noninclusive pricing policy?
2. Should Walter change his replenishment order size if the manufacture’s pricing policy were one
where the price in each quantities break includes all units purchased?
1. What is a heuristic Method? How are they useful in solving warehouse location problem?
2. What is a “Virtual Inventory”? What is the planning problem associated with such inventories?
3. Decision makers such as truck dispatchers, can go a long way toward developing good truck routes &
schedule by applying guideline principles. What are those principles for good Routing & Scheduling?